Saturday, April 07, 2012

April Showers…

…have come in the form of snow!!

I was surprised to wake up this morning and find about 3” of freshly fallen snow on our porch. I also drove over to my parents house and promptly got stuck in their driveway… I guess our winter woes aren’t quite over yet. Never-the-less, I love snow and am enjoying watching it fall down in big fluffy flakes.

snow1

snow3

snow4

FYI:  As of 10 a.m. AKDT, April 7, 1.5" of new snow has fallen since midnight in Anchorage.
This brings the 2011-2012 seasonal snow total to 131.7 inches. The record seasonal snowfall total is 132.6 inches set in 1954-1955. This means that we a...re 0.9 inches away from tying the record and exactly 1.0 inch from setting a new record. With the snow that keeps falling, it looks like we will be setting a new record :)

*Happy April 7th*

0 comments: